Benefits of Payroll Deduction: An Opportunity to Do More
- Payroll deduction maximizes your contribution: $5 per month become $60 over a year.
- Payroll deduction saves time and takes little effort: giving this way allows you to support your cause(s) every month without having to remember to write separate checks to recipients.
- It gives charities evidence of on-going support within the community, a key factor in getting matching grants or additional support from big foundations.
- It allows recipient charities to plan their services in a strategic manner, using donations to their optimal effect.
How Your Monthly Gift Can Help
$2 per month for one year:
- provides a child with complete, basic childhood immunization against six diseases.
- provides vital cancer survivorship information and support to 80 cancer survivors.
- provides seeds for one community or school garde, allowing families to grow nutritious, affordable food for themselves.
- provides prescription glasses for five people in a Third World country.
- covers the cost of planting of 100 tree saplings.
- provides meals for a homebound senior citizen for two weeks.
$5 per month for one year:
- provides 12 students with an interactive CD on college-age depression and suicide.
- sponsors eye exams for two children in need.
- provides supplies for an activity station at an H-E-B Free First Sunday family event, a special program that combines art creation, exploration stations, and gallery activities.
- covers the registration fee for one patient or family member to atten the National Organization for Rare Disorders Patient/Family Conference.
- underwrites equipment and supplies for five people to spend a morning cleaning a beach or river bank.
$10 per month for one year:
- allows free museum admission for 30 students.
- pays for a veteran's occupational certification to find employment.
- helps a family in crisis with their monthly utility or grocery bills.
- provides lifesaving medicines to 7,200+ children and families around the world.
- sponsors two local health advocates to attend a National Pesticide Forum and learn the skills needed to make positive changes in the community.
- screens one uninsured woman for breast cancer.
$20 per month for one year:
- provides a full year of groceries for a homebound AIDS patient.
- provides food for one guide dog in advanced training.
- buys six cases of non-latex gloves to keep volunteers safe during beach cleanups.
- supports training in an environmental career for a person with a disability.
- provides scholarship assistance for inner city children to attend a nature camp.
$45 per month for one year:
- installs a water distribution system to provide a reliable communal tap, delivering safe, clean water to communities in need.
- offers transitional housing to a homeless veteran.
- provides a $500 matching scholarship award for collection tuition.
- ensures safety from cholera for 50 people.
- provides two high schools with science curriculum materials about proper handling of chemicals found in the home.
- furnishes a back brace to prevent further spine curvature to a patient with scoliosis.
$83.34 per month, only $2.74 per day (or $1,000 per year):
- Four days of child care in an accredited facility …
- and 32 meals for the elderly …
- and 104 days of parenting classes, teaching effective discipline and conflict management …
- and 48 students receiving assistance in math and sciences …
- and 48 days of a support group for teens having experienced violence or sexual abuse …
- and 20 days of food and shelter for a homeless person …
- and 28 days of mentoring for at-risk youth …
- and 40 acres of land for wildlife habitat or public open space that provides both recreation and cleaner air …
- and 50 children receiving bicycle helmets and cycling instruction to prevent accidents and encourage environmentally-friendly methods of transportation …
- and crisis intervention services to 65 at-risk women and children in violent family situations …
- and art, music or dance therapy for two people with disabilities for an entire semester!