What is the SECC?
The State Employee Charitable Campaign is an annual workplace giving and fundraising initiative authorized by the Texas Legislature.
Campaigns are run by state employees at the agencies and institutions of higher education where they work. The campaign accepts donations in cash, by check, and by monthly payroll deduction. Charities in the campaign are vetted; they must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations who provide direct or indirect health and human services and who spend no more than 25 percent of funds raised on administrative costs. There are over 400 eligible charities in the 2019 campaign, and over 50 of them provide services in north Texas area counties.
The campaign provides a convenient way for UNT employees to give to many of their favorite charitable organizations. The campaign runs October 1-31.
Who Is Involved?
UNT's 2020 SECC Campaign is headed by a committee of faculty and staff who coordinate efforts, promote awareness, and contribute to the success of the initiative. The 2020 members are:
- Coby Condrey, Faculty Co-Chair (Libraries)
- [To Be Determined], Staff Co-Chair
- Louise Dunn (Office of the President)
- Christi Hestand (Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity)
- [Additional members welcome!]
The most important person to be involved, of course, is YOU. If you would like to be a part of the campaign planning and arrangements, please contact Coby Condrey.
Check back here in September and October for more information on the 2020 campaign.
Help us help people all over the world with your donations.
2019 Campaign Results (includes employees in the North Texas and the DFW Metroplex regions
|University of North Texas (Denton)||44%||$103,534|
|UNT System (ITSS & BSC in Denton)||22%||$29,737|
Did you know?
- The SECC raised more than $6.8 million for charitable organizations in 2019.
- With the administrative cost overhead capped at 25 percent or less for participating charities, more of your donation gets to the causes you support than in almost any similar fundraising activity.
- Give what you feel is appropriate for you and your budget — any gift, no matter the size, will help improve the quality of life in communities locally, across the country and around the world. Your gift is both tax deductible and confidential.
- Learn about what your gift will provide and about the benefits of payroll deduction.